Statistics from Altmetric.com
The 5 steps of evidence-based practice (EBP) were described in 1992.1 The steps are:
1. Translation of uncertainty to an answerable question;
2. Systematic retrieval of best evidence available;
3. Critical appraisal of evidence for validity, clinical relevance, and applicability;
4. Application of results in practice; and
5. Evaluation of performance.
According to the Sicily Statement on Evidence-based Practice,2 the steps describe a codified set of behaviours that form the basis for evidence-based clinical practice. The steps have also been the primary focus of teaching efforts in EBP. As …
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.