Aims and scope
BMJ Evidence-Based Medicine:
- Publishes original evidence based research, insights and opinions on what matters for health care
- Focuses on the tools, methods, and concepts that are basic and central to practising evidence-based medicine.
How we deliver relevant, trustworthy and impactful evidence:
- By Disseminating relevant research: saving you time and improving your practice – BMJ Evidence-Based Medicine systematically searches international medical journals and applies strict criteria to identify relevant research. Content is critically appraised, leading to a succinct commentary focusing on the paper’s key findings and implications for clinical practice.
- By Providing debate, analysis, and opinion on trusted evidence that matters for better healthcare – BMJ Evidence-Based Medicine debates the uncertainties and controversies in evidence and the research methods that educate and inform practice.
- By Publishing original research that affects practice – BMJ Evidence-Based Medicine publishes the latest research that enhances the practice and understanding of evidence-based healthcare.
For information about the Editor-in-Chief and editorial team, please refer to the Editorial Board page.
BMJ Evidence-Based Medicine is owned by BMJ.
|Publication Model||Subscription; with hybrid open access option|
|Indexed by||MEDLINE (Index Medicus), PubMed Central, Scopus, Embase (Excerpta Medica), Google Scholar|
|Peer review model||Single blind; the names of reviewers are hidden from the author|
|Time from acceptance to online publication||16 days|
Rights and permissions
BMJ is a founding member of COPE (the Committee on Publication Ethics), which provides a forum for publishers and Editors of scientific journals to discuss issues relating to the integrity of the work submitted to or published in their journals.
The EQUATOR Network is an international initiative that seeks to improve the value of medical research literature by promoting transparent, accurate reporting of research studies. BMJ is a sponsor of its activities.